Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fathers Day

Make a cute personalized Dads Day gift!

I wanted to make a cute photo gift for my husband featuring our sweet little one. I had seen a couple cute gift ideas where you take three pictures of your little one. In one they would hold a D, the next an A, and the last the D again. When you frame them together your little one is spelling DAD. Super cute!

I wanted to take this same kind of idea but make it more personal. I decided to have it so that the pieces our little one held conveyed the message I Love My Daddy! This project used cardboard, cardstock, and our sweet baby ;)

First I cut out three rectangle pieces of cardboard, all the same size. Then I printed out a capital I and a heart shape onto white cardstock. For the last piece I opened a picture of my husband in photoshop, changed the picture to black and white and magic extracted out the background. Then I printed out the black and white image onto white cardstock as well.

Next I glued the cardstock onto the cardboard to make them more stable for our baby to hold. Disney sticker were also placed on the backside of the cardboard to try and keep the attention of our little one and get her to hold the pieces so that the right side showed...this sort of worked...sort of.

Then the hard part. Getting her to sit still, hold the pieces facing the camera and smile all at the same time. Luckily my mom was here to help while I took the pictures! Otherwise I'm not sure if I could have gotten them on my own!
 I had her scribbled with pink crayon on some white paper and used this as a sort of mat board around the pictures and put it all in a black frame. I loved how it turned out and so did her daddy! I am for sure going to do something like this again when she is a little older :)

No comments:

Post a Comment