Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yarn Pom Pom Headband

Make a cute pom pom headband using yarn!

I love making headbands for my little Soph. I saw a post online of how to make pom poms out of yarn and thought I definitely needed to get those on my babies head! Of course I cant find the original link now but its really simple.

To make this headband I used: Yarn, Scissors, Elastic, Felt and a Hot Glue Gun.

To make the pom pom start by wrapping the yarn around your fingers about 50 times.


Slip the yarn off your fingers and tie with another piece of yarn. Make sure to tie it tight and in the center of the bundle.





Once the yarn is tied snip the loops.


Fluff and cut the yarn into a dome shape. If you want smaller pom poms wrap your yarn around two fingers instead of 3 and about 30 times instead of 50. This will give the size of the blue pom pom.



Once your pom pom is ready, cut a piece of elastic to fit your little one.

To make the headband first cut a circle of white felt and glue the pom pom onto it. Next glue the elastic onto the felt, one side at a time. Lastly glue another piece of white felt on top of the elastic to help hold it together and to make it more comfortable for little heads.

You can make a single pom pom headband, a row of pom poms or a cluster! I made a couple Halloween themed headbands in candy corn colors and classic black and orange. Also a little pink and white one for fun. But I see plenty more of these being made in the near future!

  


No comments:

Post a Comment